Saturday, March 28, 2009

Meeting with Dr. Kakarmath

Last to last Sunday when I met to Dr. Kakarmath, that was one of the scheduled meeting of Giants International Group.

By the way, I am the member of Giants International Group and Dr. Kakarmath is the president of this group for Kalyan Metro. For last several years, the organization is busy in doing social work, such as helping poor but needy and talented students getting free school books and school dresses, tree plantation on open spaces etc. ( I have mentioned only those activities in which i was involved. Actually there are so many to mention that space here will come short.).

Dr. Kakarmath has been my family doctor for last 10 years. So we have developed good relationship between us. I met him after Giants meeting. In a flow of talk, I just asked him about his dispensary and asked him to come out of the daily paperwork for keeping patients information.(I was knowing the fact that he keeps one file per family and whenever any family member visits his dispensary; he keeps paper, scribbled after checking the patient and prescription given to him, inside it. That is the way, he keeps patients information.). I queried the reason behind not using the software to keep this information. In reply to that, Doctor told me that he was aware of the softwares available in the market but all softwares were meant for the hospitals or for the dispensaries having beds for the patients.

When I see the family doctors in my area, all of them still use diaries or the folders similar to Dr. Kakarmath to keep patients information and their last prescription given. I think small doctors are still away from this Software Revolution. I have promised Dr. Kakarmath to help in this case. and have started working on it. I hope the software which I am implementing will come up as handy tool for him and some of his doctor friends.

As a part of the software, I am done with the database design. And really forcing myself to create a very good UI. I am learning WPF but i think, getting mastery in WPF will take some time. So I will start with Windows Forms only. Some of my friends are also having experience in implementing their own softwares.( obviously in different domain.). Their experiences will guide me to frame user friendly and well presented GUI.

I will keep on posting my experiences on my blog.

~ Kiran

2 comments:

Ankit Jain said...

r u still on your promise ?
I mean after 2 months of this post, are you still working on?

Kiran Marke said...

Yes ankit.
Meantime i could not pay attention due to heavy schedule.
But now i am comparatively free to work on it.