Saturday, July 19, 2008

…and finally I have learnt motorcycling!

….husssh…and finally I have learnt motorcycling!. Actually it was enjoyable journey while learning it [:)]. I thought, I should share it with you all.

Have you ever watched film award functions?? Whenever any actor wins a title, he gives a long speech to thank all of them whoever have contributed in his success. If the same thing is told me to do then first of all I will thank to traffic police (better word “Mamu” [:)]). Why? Why because he has not caught me yet while driving, even if I don’t have driving license with me.

Jokes apart. But really if somebody forces me to take their names, then I will take Archana’s and Ankit’s name.

I brought up in that family background which has not seen 2 wheeler in its veranda before I buy it.(In last week only, i bought Bajaj Discover). In school-hood, I have learnt cycling. That cycle was the only 2 wheeler we had. But I had not got a chance to learn motorbike.

I should thank Archana for giving me confidence in driving her “Scooty Pept” during traffic peak hours. As I had learnt the cycle, I could balance the vehicle very well but there are some small small things which are necessary while driving; she taught me them. She taught me how to use mirrors while driving and how to use indicator buttons while taking turns and etc.

Ankit helped me knowing details about the “geared” bike. He taught me, how we can control the bike using its clutch and break combination, changing the gears while driving.
One important thing, he trained me to understand bike’s language. [:)]. That makes me identify differences between the noises engine makes while I accelerate and therefore to know whether I should change gear or not.

~ Kiran

5 comments:

Mohit Batra said...

I am happy for u buddy :)

Kiran Marke said...

Tu toh khush hoga abhi.[:-D][:-P]

Anonymous said...

I thot chicks used rear view mirrors to check their makeup and hairstyle only :)

Anonymous said...

i remember those initial days... u saying... "no.. it's not my cup of tea, i can't drive bike!"

it's nice that u now understand bike's language... there is a lot to learn...

so a new biker on Pune's road to chase aspirations!

Unknown said...

itni bar meri activa chalayi aur yeah jante hue ki tujhe thik se nahi aati... maine apni activa ki key tere hatho mein de di... shayad tune aur vijay ne mil ke ek bar accident bhi kiya meri activa ka... aur aaj mera koi naam hi nahi :O